Monday, February 24, 2014

Grilled Chicken Avocado Salad & Dessert!

This past week I was off for President's Week. I spent most of my days relaxing and catching up on American Horror Story. When I wasn't lounging around or watching television I scrolled through my Pinterest account. Looking at food pins really started to make me hungry so I decided to make something to eat. I am by no means a cook, however I have been making things here and there. It's a learning process!

There were two avocados on my kitchen table so I decided to make myself a grilled chicken avocado salad. 


Ingredients:
- seven to ten pieces of romaine lettuce
- two avocados 
- mixed vegetables (corn, carrots, peas, and string beans)
- two small tomatoes
- two pieces of chicken
- lemon or you could use lime
-onions

Instructions:
1. First I chopped the lettuce, avocados, and tomatoes and placed them into my salad bowl. 



2. Then I added some oil and onions to my pan. While the onions were cooking I seasoned the chicken with some Mrs. Dash seasoning and placed them in the pan with the onions. 
3. When the chicken was almost cooked I took it out of the pan and sliced them into small pieces. 



4. I then added the chicken back into the pan with the frozen mixed vegetables.



5. After the chicken and the vegetables were cooked I added them to the salad bowl.



6. Lastly I added salt, pepper, oil, vinegar, and squeezed half a lemon onto the salad.

After I ate my yummy salad I still was bored and in the mood to make something. When I was scrolling through my Pinterest earlier I found a brownie recipe that looked awesome! Of course I had to make them but I did use some different ingredients.

Ingredients:
- boxed brownie mix
- oil
- water
- two eggs
- butter
- powdered sugar
- peanut butter
- vanilla extract
- whipping cream

Instructions:
1. First I made the brownie mix using Duncan Hines chewy fudge brownies. I just followed the directions on the back of the box. 



2. While the brownies were in the oven I started making the frosting. First I cut 1/4 of butter and put it in a pot on low heat so that it would melt.
3. While the butter was melting I added 1 cup of powdered sugar, 3/4 cup of peanut butter (skippy extra crunchy), and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract. Next I added the whip cream, however I added more than the recipe suggested. I used about four or five tablespoons. If you think the frosting is to thick then add more whip cream.  
4. Next, I added the melted butter to the mix and then whipped it together. 
5. Finally, I took the brownies out of the oven. Once the brownies cooled I spread the frosting on top and sprinkled powdered sugar on top.



Hope you all enjoy this post. I don't know how to cook but thanks to Pinterst I'm learning. Hopefully I didn't make you hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment